A downloadable game for Windows
Till Dawn is a VR survival zombie shooter which takes place in a totally wasted city cut off from the rest of the world. Your only chance of rescue is the helicopter which is flying above the city. But the longer you are in the city, the more difficult it is to escape. More zombies emerges and your weapons get more rarely.
Kill as many zombies as possible, explore the city, find bombs, find flares, find new weapons, find some health packs, but the main task is to survive as long as possible and to reach the helicopter. It's your decision to catch the helicopter and get rescued from the city or to try to survive as long as possible and to kill even more zombies.
- For the best experience it's better to have a room-scale setup, but the Oculus Rift users without room-scale they can use the thumbstick for rotating (only if no SteamVR is running).
- Oculus Rift is not tested, only HTC VIVE is tested with SteamVR. If you are using SteamVR for the Oculus Rift, it should work. Other headsets could work but there is no guarantee. Please let me know if a Windows Mixed Reality headset is working with SteamVR.
- If you have problems in teleporting (e.g. teleport marker is green but don't teleport after releasing the button), make sure that your controllers don't collide with the holster while teleporting. This will be fixed in the next release.
- Right now only one level (the city) is ready to play. Even if you get rescued by the helicopter you will restart in the city with a slightly higher difficulty.
- holster for pistol
- different locomotion modes
- different weapons
- large city map to explore
- health packs
- lots of zombies
- some survival tasks and quests
- in some areas it's hard to teleport
- in some areas it's hard to move
Every item which you can interact with are blinking until you grab them the first time
Inventory / Backpack
Just put one controller behind your head, press the grip button once and the backpack will be right at your hand for interaction. If you don't need it anymore just put your controller again behind your head and press the grip button once, the backpack will rest at your shoulders again. You have enough space for items and weapons, available are 10 slots for items (like health packs, bombs, flares, ...) and two slots for weapons at the bottom. Enough the words, look for yourself:
For some tasks/quests you have to place special items at specific drop zones. The drop zones are outlined with the item you have to place there. Just ungrab the item at the specific drop zone and it will be snapped into it. A drop zone looks like this:
The following controller mapping is used in Till Dawn and will be displayed in the first scene like the following:
You will have a secure base with a closable gate. You can open and close it any time you want, no zombie will get through. Just keep in mind that the gate can only be closed after it's completely open
Feedback is welcome
Feedback is very welcome. If you have questions or ideas, then just leave a comment. If you like the game leave a comment and if you want you can support me via the donation possibility on itch.io.
Please report any issues you have in the discussion board and don't rate the game just because of the issue.
Some sound effects obtained from https://www.zapsplat.com
About me and my games
As you may have noticed, I have released a bunch of games and will release more games over time. I really love to play around with VR technology and I really love to try different things with it, that's the reason for all my games.
They are all small little games, especially made for trying different stuff in VR. But that doesn't mean that they are just demos, I will try to roundup the game experience in each game completely, so that you (the gamer) will have a good game experience for a short time in a small but functional game.
That's also the reason why the genres are so wide spreaded and not specific to one.
I also try to release the main game logic of each game as open source on my github repo if it does make sense. That will not include the graphic assets if they are not free. All free assets will be included, the non-free ones I have to remove because of legal stuff.
If you want to support me then please make any donation via PayPal.
|Published||Aug 22, 2017|
|Made with||Unity, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive|
|Tags||First-Person, htc-vive, Oculus Rift, Survival Horror, Virtual Reality (VR), vive, Zombies|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Oculus Rift, HTC Vive|
Just extract the zip file in its own folder, then execute the TillDawn.exe to start the game. Make sure that your VR headset is connected to the computer before you start the game.
- Donations via PayPal onlyJun 04, 2018
- Some (bad) news and status multiplayerMay 29, 2018
- What did you achieved?Apr 01, 2018
- WIP: Co-op multiplayer #2Mar 12, 2018
- WIP: Co-op multiplayerFeb 17, 2018
- Huge update with QUESTS! (v0.1.9-pre-alpha is out!)Jan 29, 2018
- WIP: Don't get lost in the city...Jan 15, 2018
- We are now on Discord!Jan 08, 2018